October 3, 2011

October 3, 2011 Letter from Elder Keddington


Friends and Family,

Hello! All is well!! This week has been rather uneventful. Except conference! Which was amazing! For those that might be curious, my favorite talks were by Elder Holland, President Eyring, and President Monson. All of them in the priesthood session. So. Mom and Sisters. You're going to have to read them when they come to the Ensign. Haha. It was cool though. We didn't go to a member's home but we had all 5 sessions in the church building. All the members dressed up like they were going to church and watched conference as a ward! It was awesome! They had Pot luck between both sessions and a set of missionaries decided to treat everyone to deep fried twinkies. They were a huge hit. I remember thinking Sunday morning session about how amazing this Gospel is and how true it is. There were quite a few investigators there and most of the talks were about how our church is different from others and how our church is true! It was quite an amazing experience!

I had a funny experience out tracking a few days ago. We ran into these 2 men who were talking and we contacted them. They asked,
"What Church are you from?"
We replied, "The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints."
He laughed and said," Thats a mouth full. How old do you think I am?"
We laughed and guessed mid 30's when he is CLEARLY in his 60's.
He replied, "I'm 62! What can you POSSIBLY teach me about Jesus Christ that I don't already know?"
Elder Peay then replied, "Did you know Jesus Christ came to the American Continent?"
Silence... "How old are you??"

Haha. He wasn't interested in listening to us but it was still a funny experience. Anywho. I Love and miss you all! I forgot my camera so no pics this week. But The Church is true and I'll see you all very soon!

Love

Elder Keddington

1 comment:

Tell us how you really feel about it!