October 18, 2011

October 17, 2011 Letter from Elder Keddington


Hello Family and Friends!!
 
All is well in the Mission Field! Work is becoming much easier with the weather FINALLY cooling down! It still gets to about 80 degrees but its becoming easier. Yay!
My companionship has become a temparary 3-some. Elder Schroeder is leaving us to go to a new area on Thursday. He was out on his mission for 4 months and then needed knee surgery. He has just come back. Good kid. He could use to teaching lessons though.. Haha.
 
Miracle of the week! Easily one of the sweetest ladies I know. Rebecca Morris. Rebecca is a survivor of breast cancer and has cancer in her bones as well. She is currently going through a heavy treatment of radiation. 5 days a week. Her Husband, Michael, and her 5 Yorkies keep her strong. But Elder Peay and I had a wonderful chance to teach her the Plan of Salvation and they LOVED it! They told us it all makes sense and that they never really knew what happened to the other people that never knew Christ. Later on the week before Rebecca began radiation we asked her if she would like to recieve a blessing. She accepted!! Such an AMAZING Teaching Oppurtunity! We taught her about the priesthood and the priesthood blessing. (James 5:14) and began to give her the blessing. Elder Peay Anointed. I sealed it. In the blessing I felt a the impression to tell her that what she will be going through will be a small moment and that she will be made whole through her faith! I was so sure the blessing would work!!
Yesterday Rebecca was at church. She came to ALL 3 hours. And loved it. She has so many questions and has been reading the Book of Mormon steadily. She has CANCER and she came to church. This work truly is of the Lord. There is no doubt in my mind about that.
 
I Love You all! I hope that all is well with you and everyone! I would love to hear from all of you! I Miss you all and I'll see you all very soon!
 
Love
 
Elder Keddington

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us how you really feel about it!