September 26, 2011

Elder Keddington Sept. 26, 2011 Letter


Hello Friends and Family!!

All is well! I've been TRANSFERED!! Yes its true. I've opened a new area called Otter Creek. Its a richer area which means I'll be working very closely with members and I'll be doing a lot of tracting. Haha. But its good for me! I love it! My new companion, Elder Peay(Pay), Works so so hard! Mostly because, well, he used to be an AP. But was released because his last transfer is this transfer. And if you remember from my last email how trunky the last Elder was, Elder Peay is the exact opposite! He is more focused on missionary work now than ever. We've witnessed so many miracles this week.

Our motto has kind of been "90% of results occur within the last 10% of our efforts." I promise that this motto is true. Night after night, when I'm ready to turn in, Elder Peay says, "Lets keep going." And Night after night we find someone to teach. A new investigator and so many other things. Like last night we walked maybe 3 miles to our apartment. I wanted to drive. But I knew that walking would give us the chance to meet more people and we wouldn't arrive too early. So we walked. As we walked we met some nice people. No one really interested but nice people! But then as we approached our appointment we saw 3 people outside. We started talking to them and turns out they were related to the people we were about to go teach! We invited them in and had an amazing lesson. 2 of them committed to be baptized! If we had driven, we never would've met them.

Another example, We had maybe 10 minutes left. I wanted to start heading back to the car. We were 5-6 miles away from our apartment. Instead we decided to knock the next few houses. We met Marshal and Wilfred. They were drinking and smoking, but I wanted to contact them anyway. Turns out, Marshall is really interested and lives literally down the street from where we live! If we hadn't put for the effort of our last 10% we never would've met Marshall or set 2 baptismal dates. I'll never turn in early again.

One more story before I finish up. On Sunday we had the chance to witness a baptism for a little 8 year old girl, Kimberly. :) I didn't know her but she was so cute and reminded me of Adelle. A lot. I couldn't help but sit and think about how badly I wish I could be there for her baptism. And how much I would've loved to have been there when she makes that special promise with her Heavenly Father. But then I think about how many people I have grown to love get to enter the Waters of Baptism. Everytime I get to see a baptism I think of Adelle and how awesome she is and how excited I am for her. I can't wait until I get pictures, Kimbur. :) Haha.

I Love you all! I'll get you my new address as soon as I can but for now my address is the Mission office.

Elder David Keddington
905 Kierre Drive
North Little Rock, AR 72116

I Love You all and I'll see you soon!!

Elder Keddington

Me & Latoya, My first baptism! 

Me & my new companion Elder Peay!! (Such a stud!)

Me & Brother Phillips, A member in the Maple St. unit

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us how you really feel about it!