September 12, 2011

Sept. 12, 2011 Elder Keddington Letter


Hello Family and Friends!!
All is Well!! This week has been another great week in the great state of Arkansas! Betchya didn't know a person from Arkansas is called an Arkansian! Pronounced Ar-Kans-In. True Statement. Did you know! That the Tooth Brush was invented in Arkansas? Because if it was invented anywhere else it would be called the TeethBrush! HA! Some good jokes I've heard around the Mission.
I had my 2nd Baptism this past Friday and a bit of a special experience. His name Is Kalvion. He is 9 and really loving the Gospel but scared of Water. And when he got into the water for Baptism he was nervous. Very Nervous but I assured him everything would be okay. After I said the prayer and dunked him as I pulled him up I noticed his arm came out of the water out of panic and he didn't go completely under. And It hit me. I'm going to have to do it again with this terrified kid in the font. He nearly bolts it out of the font thinking he had been baptized and I explain to him that is didn't work and we needed to do it again. His eyes filled with tears and repeatedly said "No. I can't." Suddenly everyone who was watching were on their feet encouraging him. Supporting him and telling him he can do it, as I pray for help from my Heavenly Father. Even Kalvion's Mom, who isn't a member, was cheering him on wanting him to go through with it. He still was hesitant. I grabbed Kalvion's Wrist told him "I'm right here. I'm not going to let you go. Hold on Tight and I promise everything will be okay." He looks at me, Says "Okay." Grabs onto my arm with all his strength, shaking and still nervous and I baptize him. Making sure he went all the way down this time. He came out of the water and looked up at me with the Biggest Smile on his face and I could see that the terror and fear was gone. And He was happy. :) I talked to him a little later and he told me that he felt really good and he was glad he went through with it and didn't chicken out. :)
It was such a testimony to me that Satan has his power over people. Fear is one of them. And through Prayer all things are possible. Faith is the the Oppisite of Fear. Fear takes away your ability to work. And "Faith without works is Dead." But a little prayer and Satan can no longer take hold. I Love this Gospel and I love this work. I might be getting transfered here shortly as my first transfer comes to a close. I'll let you all know what happens and thanks for all your prayers. I know that without them I wouldn't be having the success I am having without them. Thank you. I Love You all and I'll see you so soon!
Elder Keddington

Kalvion's baptism


The Maple House.  The "Skreet."



Hidden Mickey with the whipped cream. :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us how you really feel about it!