January 12, 2011

The Saga Continues--

Well here's what it all looks like today.  I really do think I'm handling the whole situation a lot better than I anticipated.  As they were jack hammering through the floors in the house in 3 places today it was pretty loud but I just shut myself up in the office with the door closed and as long as I didn't try to have a phone conversation, it was manageable. But I think the dogs would not agree.  After having just about everything stacked up, boxed up, shoved around or completely moved out, their daily routine has been turned upside down.  They're not used to us living upstairs and they haven't been in the back yard for 3 days and run to the back door every we come down.  Wouldn't they just LOVE to dig into those big, fresh piles of dirt back there? But forget it guys. Its not gonna happen.

One alarming thing I saw today--well next to them JACK HAMMERING THROUGH MY KITCHEN AND CLOSET FLOORS was when I saw one guy rolling a big wheelbarrow of cement into my garage! I asked him with some noticeable fear in my voice, "Is that going in my house?" He just sort of chuckled and said "yes!" Oy...I guess they know what they're doing. I told him not to spill it.

Tomorrow is Thursday and although the work seems slow, if you consider how deep those holes are, and the number of them (13 total) that's pretty darn fast. I don't know how they do this. If you've ever tried to plant a tree in this soil here you'll know how hard it is to dig a foot let alone 4 or 5. And when they left today, there was really no trace of them except for a thick piece of plywood covering the hole in the floor. Could be worse right?

Not sure when the actual "leveling" will take place but will keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us how you really feel about it!