November 26, 2009

Prayers for the groom please!

Okay, we have a new rule in this house...no more Turkey Bowl!  I've seen too many of the men in this family come home from this annual fall sporting event injured.  Seems harmless enough until the first time my husband comes home with a bloody eye from someone putting their finger in it, then Andrew messed up his ankle pretty bad once and today--the worst of all our groom the day before his wedding rolls his ankle on a sprinkler head or something.  All my kids came home way too early looking seriously like cats who had just swallowed the canary and acting very strangly.  I didn't think too much of Jared raiding my cupboard for a lot of Advil and I was about to just blow it off until I saw someone handing Andrew's old crutches down over the bannister down to Zach.  Okay, that was it.  Then they had to tell me.  Poor James.  He was at home in serious pain while they all came home for medical supplies hoping I wouldn't notice.  His ankle is pretty swollen and painful.  Jeff and Andrew gave him a priesthood blessing and sent him home this evening.  He's being a good sport about it all and is trying to look on the bright side...at least he doesn't have to make any excuses for not busting a move on the floor tomorrow night!  Pray he feels better soon....and I mean really soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us how you really feel about it!