November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!


Wow, I'm so full and EXHAUSTED!! Many thanks to all who contributed. I couldn't have done pulled this off without everyone's help. Juliet busted her butt making pumpkins pies, yams and fruit salad. Jared made an apple pie...no I'm not kidding! It was really good. And James, even with a twisted ankle made a double batch of the best green bean casserole I've ever had...I'm serious! Mom coached me in the kitchen with the rolls and I made the best rolls I've ever made. Thanks for the magic Mom. Dad whipped up some beautiful mashed potatoes and slaved over a hot stove keeping the gravy from forming that nasty skin that he hates so much. I did the turkey (brining has never failed me yet), dressing--yes I stuffed, gravy, cranberry sauce and pumpkin cake rolls. The whole thing was a beautiful sight. Hopefully I'll be able to extract the pictures from Mom's camer since every other camera in this house had a dead battery!!!

After dinner we went around both tables (yes it took 2) and everyone was able to share some of the things they are thankful for. It was a very nice moment. Kind of like a testimony meeting really. I am so thankful for my family--(even those far away who won't comment or contribute to our blog) my children who live so close to me, my 2 darling grandchildren--no wait--Madison makes 3, (I can't believe I have a grandchild that is 12), my parents and all their love and support, my wonderful husband who is so good to me and puts up with me. I have so many blessings in my life and I am so grateful for each and ever one. To all my family who were not here we missed you and hope you had a great Thanksgiving!


Table # 1



Table # 2




LEFT OVERS...MMMMMM




Yep...Zach's got the Loveland Frown down...sheesh

What do you know? He can smile!







One...two...three...everyone take a bite!

1 comment:

Tell us how you really feel about it!