January 10, 2012

January 9, 2012 Letter from Elder Keddington


Hello Friends and Family!
Sorry I haven't written in a while! Its been pretty crazy around here. Every P day I'm pressed with something to do or the Library is closed or something. So Here I am updating you on the work. That is definately what it is. Work. I go to sleep tired. I even wake up tired. But its a good experience for me! I'm loving every second of it. Sometimes I feel like a break would be good. Other times I know that would be a terrible Idea. I love it here.
I was able to speak in Sacrement meeting this past Sunday. I spoke on "A time to Prepare" by Elder Ian S. Aurdurn of last General Conference. I just have to tell you that I've been blessed with 2 things. Dad's ability to speak and teach, and being able to listen to the Spirit. I prepared a good amount and I don't even remember most of what I talked about. I do remember talking specifically to the Young Men about how important it is to achieve the Goal of serving a mission and all the joys in my life could never amount to the Joy of entering into the waters of Baptism. Seeing someone change their lives and come to know the truth of this Gospel. There is nothing better. I also remember talking about the 10 Virgins about how all 10 of them had a Goal to be with the Bridegroom but only half with prepared. I talked about the importance of preparing to achieve the goal we've set. I lost track of how many people said they loved my talk. I felt pretty good afterwords. But Honestly its because the Lord blessed me with the Spirit and I've never prayed more earnestly to be able to touch just one person. I always love speaking. :)
The ward is great. I'm eating probably too well for my own good. And I don't think I'll ever want to leave. I Love my mission!
The Work is going great! We're teaching the sweetest lady. Her name is Stella. Her daughter just had a stroke and she has no insurance. At all. So she is paying the Hospital bills. By herself. She's applied for Disability and such. We're praying that everything will work out. Its INCREDIBLE how much faith this woman has. I have no doubt that everything will work out. Satan is just working his magic against her because he sees that she can become a huge ally for the Kingdom.
I'm doing great. My area is still wonderful. My companion is..... getting to be better. He's a good kid. Just needs to be humbled. :) Haha. I Love You all and I'll see you all very very soon!!
Love
Elder Keddington

We found these cool Lions. I just couldn't resist!


This is the bed where all the General Authorites sleep when they come to the mission. :)

 Not sure if I sent this already but... Our latest Convert. Linda. :) Chirstmas Eve Baptism. :) :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us how you really feel about it!