January 17, 2012

January 17, 2012 Letter from Elder Keddington


Hello Friends and Family!!
 
Whew!! This week has been a LONG LONG Week! Very little teaching done. No Car. Tension in the companionship. Drama in the District. Inefficient Companionship Study. Its been a long humbling week. But. Don't feel sorry for me because I have had a Myriad of experience in the last 2 days that were worth all the hardships of my entire mission combine. Starting with Stake Conference.
 
Our Stake President shared a story about a team of SEALS that invaded Iraq and 3 of the 4 were killed fighting off 150 terrorists. The survivor wrote a book called "The Lone Survivor." (If anyone wants to buy me a present for when I get back, one book I would love to read.) He related the story to us and how we need to be SEALS in the Lord's army. We are at war against the adversary and the Lord doesn't need sissy girls that run and surrender in times of trial and hardship. But He needs SEALS. The Talk was amazing. I don't do it justice. Made me want to be a SEAL in the Lord's army.
 
Yesterday(P Day) We went to dinner at a Member's house and long story short. He broke down and begin telling us how his testimony is dwindling and how he is depressed and is thinking of suicide. Within minutes of him telling us this we had our scriptures open baring our testimonies of the Atonement and sharing our love for him and how important he is to our Heavenly Father. I have never been more impressed to share my testimony of the Atonement of Jesus Christ and to let him know that our Savior lives and Loves us more than we can imagine. I have very few times in my life where I have felt the Spirit that strong.
 
Right after the Dinner we went to our appointment and she completely turned us down. Gave us back the Book of Mormon and told us not to come back. Haha. We were still walking on air began walking, said a short prayer and we were both prompted, "go right." We began walking and the very first door we saw we knocked it. We met Brian. Divorced and needed someone to talk to him. We shared with him the Restoration and gave him the Book of Mormon we had just recieved from our canceled appointment. We'll be teaching him later on this week.
 
The Lord answers prayers. He loves us. He Lives. I wouldn't trade this mission for anything in the entire world. I Love all of you and I am excited to get back to work. We have a baptism coming up the 28th. :) I miss you all and think of you often! Thanks for all that you do.
 
Love
 
Elder Keddington

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us how you really feel about it!