January 30, 2012

January 30, 2012 Letter from Elder Keddington


Hello Friends and Family,
 
I can't even begin to tell you how much I love my mission. Like seriously. It is the BEST EVER!! The Work is going SO GREAT! It just seems like every time I turn around there is a huge miracle that happens. Some random person shows up to church. Someone I haven't talked to in a long LONG time calls or texts. We have an incredible lesson and someone out of nowhere starts asking questions and ends up being an amazing person who is so ready for the Gospel. I Love this work. Miracles happen every day.
 
My companion and I are really getting along a lot better. We had a very small.... conversation about how we can do better as individuals. Long story short. I did a little yelling and he isn't so cocky anymore. :) Haha. But its been great ever since. I've noticed all the missionaries around me are starting to look to me to take the lead on projects and take a lot of resposiblities for the ward. Its been pretty surprising to me. But then it hit me that I've been here in this ward almost the Longest. Haha. There is 1 other mission who has been in the ward longer. And not by much. Its pretty surprising to me.
 
Last night I got a phone call from a Brother Steve Oistad who lives out here in Arkansas. Well He visited Utah for about a week and decided to pay a little visit to my family. Yes. It might have been apostate but he called and left a voicemail. Yes. The whole family said Hi and that they loved me. :) It was very VERY Inspiring. :) It was exciting to hear from them. Just don't tell anyone. :) Hahaha.
 
I would've answered that phonecall but I was in one of the best lesson's I've ever taught. To a member's Son. His name is Chris. He has been going through a really hard time and isn't sure what to do. He isn't sure how to get an answer to a prayer. So we taught him a little story about a 14 year old boy who prayed. :) The Spirit was SO strong. He wanats to be baptized. But We didn't want to step on the Member's toes so we're going to set a date with him for next week. Which would make 7 baptisms In February if everything goes as planned. :)
 
Its just been a great blessing to see the Lord work in my life. Thanks for all the prayers and for all the help you all do for me. I can see it.
 
I Love You all! I miss you and I'll see you soon! Send me some letters! Just for fun! Haha!
 
Love
 
Elder Keddington

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us how you really feel about it!