November 28, 2011

November 28, 2011 Letter from Elder Keddington


Hello Friends and Family!
 
All is well! Or should I say All is WET!! Its been raining here for the past week! Its been the Wettest Novemeber on Record in Arkansas! Luckily I have a Car and a companion who doens't like walking. So. We stay dry pretty often. Which I'm not a huge fan of. You're supposed to get down and dirty on your mission! Oh well. I'm sure it makes my Mom happy.
 
This week has been bittersweet. Thanksgiving was great! I had SO much food! I still feel fat and our fridge is STILL chuck full of food! The Members love us down here! And They certainly know how to cook. Not quite Mom's cooking. But its still pretty dang good. But then I again I missed the family and friends. We had a Turkey Bowl and it was a blast! My Companion is a huge Football Buff and is actually going to play for BYU when he gets back. And then go on to play Pro Baseball. But Anywho. I liked being on his team. :)
 
I had a cool experience on Saturday. I met this investigator Robin. And She likes having us come over and visit for 5 minutes or so but whenever we try and teach her she is ALWAYS giving us an excuse! My Aunt is in the Hospital. My Grandma is in the Hospital. My Daughter is in the Hospital. My Uncle Died. Just excuse after excuse. Needless to say. I stopped going over there so often. I actually vowed I wouldn't go back there because she is just wasting our time. But As week we a good 5 minutes drive away from Robin's house and we were going to an Appointment I had a feeling we should go see Robin. I thought it was interesting. So we drove by and knocked on the Door. She answered and gave her usual excuse. My Husband had a stroke! I thought, "oh thats a new one." But after standing at the door her Husband comes to the door and is speaking jibberish and isn't walking right. Within minutes she is broken down crying begging us to fix him. Of course we did the only thing we knew we could do. We gave him a blessing. It was amazing the Spirit that was in that home and to see the hope and joy light up her eyes after the blessing was over. I was just grateful that I was able to be a tool in the Lord's hands. The Spirit is real and we can all be tools if we allow ourselves to follow His will. It was a wonderful Experience!
 
Anywho. The Church is true! I Love You all and I can't wait to see you! Christmas is coming soon! I can't wait! I'll see you all soon!
 
Love
 
Elder Keddington

Its hard to see... But these signs are TINY!

One of my favorite Dinners. :)

Sarra this one is for you. In memory of our 2 o clock runs to the store. :) They are only $1.50 here!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us how you really feel about it!