November 8, 2011

November 7 2011 Letter from Elder Keddington

What a great letter!  Happy Birthday to his proud and awesome Mom!


Hello Family and Friends!!
 
All is well! This week has been awesome!! I'm still in Otter Creek and I've sent off my first companion. It was tough seeing him go. I go REALLY close to him. But I'll see him again soon and I hear rumors he is already dating a girl pretty seriously. :) Haha. But my new companion is awesome! He's from Hawaii and then moved to Alpine, Utah. He is a HUGE Athlete. He turned down being drafted by the Kansas City Royals to come out here on his mission. He has a chance to play PRO Baseball and turned it down. He had a $250,000 signing bonus!! He turned it down. That just goes to show you how AWESOME my companion is. I Love Him!!
 
We've been teaching a man named Geoff, He is an atheist and he likes speaking theology and discussing the proof of God. It has been wonderful teaching him because he asks a lot of soul searching questions. At times he likes to prove that there isn't a God and he made an interesting point that I couldn't argue without bringing up faith. (We had brought up faith before and he isn't a huge fan of faith. He calls it the F word. Haha.) But I just opened my mouth and things just started flowing out and I had no idea what point I was trying to make but the Spirit began to work and made a huge point on how God doesn't reveal everything to us at once that is line upon line and precept upon precept. It opened his eyes a little bit and I believe we're making real progress with him. I felt the Spirit was there when we left. But then back at the apartment, D&C 100:5-8 popped into my head and I just FREAKED out! I wasn't "confounded before men" and he gave me what I needed to say in "The very moment" I needed it! I was a HUGE Testimony builder to me! This work is real! This work is TRUE!
 
We've also been teaching Rebecca and Michael. Rebecca has cancer and Michael is quite possibly the most AMAZING Guitar player ever. He reminds me a lot of Dad. :) But I LOVE Both these people SO much and they're SO friendly! We finally got a chance to talk about religion and they're SO interested in what we have to share. I'm excited to be able to meet with them soon. 
 
This Family of 14 will probably be taught this week. I'm working very closely with the Bishop. I talked to him and he said, "They're dry. But they're ready." The Lord blesses us for our hard work and I am seeing it pay off with me and my new companion, Elder Hannemann. But I am grateful for all of you! For your friendship and love! I miss you all and I'll see you all very soon!!
 
Love
 
Elder Keddington 
 
sorry...no pictures today

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us how you really feel about it!